Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Disneyland Haunted Mansion

Anaheim, California

features 999 ghosts in residence
in a haunted "retirement home"


Grim Grinning Ghosts
Music by Buddy Baker
Lyrics by F. Xavier Atencio

When the crypt goes creak,
And the tombstones quake.
Spooks come out for a swinging wake.
Happy haunts materialize,
And begin to vocalize.
Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize.

Now don't close your eyes,
And don't try to hide.


Misty's Helluva Halloween's latest post, Spotlight On: Haunted Houses prompted me to mention my favorite Haunted House - you know I'm a kid at heart ;-D

Disneyland's Haunted Mansion amusement park ride is my second most favorite ride (Pirates of the Caribbean being number one). Pretty tame stuff, compared to Misty's post on really scarylicious homes found in tv, film and books.

As for haunted houses, I haven't encountered any. Although, I did live in a house that had a suicide incident. The house did not have paranormal activity that I was aware of. I didn't find out this bit about the house until after I moved out. Had I known, I would have been creeped out everytime I entered the location site of the hung corpse.

How about you?

Have you come across any haunted houses?

Of all the ghosts in Disney's Haunted Mansion, the Ghostess at the end (seen when riding the escalator up into the real world) scared me the most as a kid.


“Hurry back… Hurry back!
Be sure to bring your death certificate,
if you decide to join us.
Make final arrangements now.
We've been [snicker]
‘dying’ to have you…”








A couple years ago, I got this Department 56 Haunted Fun House to display during the Halloween season. Along with the lighting inside the boy in the tunnel goes round and round.


*part of my Helluva Halloween challenge
*source house
*source of funhouse
*source ghostess aka little leota

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu