Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-thon: Feed Me Seymour! challenge

Linus's Blanket is requesting passages of food in books.

I didn't think I'd come across one in my current reading, but I kinda did.

The infamous Chicken Nuggets!

Ms. Geiss glanced at the tray of heated nuggets. Against her will, the smell made her own mouth water. Somewhere in one of those freezer boxes, she knew, were the deep-fried and nugget-processed remains of Mister Delmonico, the former principal, as well as at least half the former staff of the elementary school.

Well, nuggets with a twist. Hope I didn't just gross you out. I realize this would be an unappetizing treat for non-zombies ;-D

This passage is from page 9 of the short story, This Year's Class Picture by Dan Simmons (my review) which is part of:

The Living Dead (short stories)
edited by John Joseph Adams


*source image of Pakistani Chicken Nuggets

*HEY! I won a prize for this challenge!
I'll be getting The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu